So, this happened.
Handily, each tweet is numbered, which makes cross-reference easy. So:
- No it doesn't. Queer politics seeks to liberate queers from heteronormativity. I agree that women are indeed allowed to object to anything they want. Everyone is.
- Since the hypothesis in 1 is false, this conclusion is false. That's not to say there aren't people trying to gloss over sexism and misogyny. It's just not, generally, the people you try to blame in 1 and not, specifically, the people you blame by implication in 1.
- I asked you to stop referring to a female person as 'he'. Whatever she has said to you. Replying that you will continue to do so isn't so much an argument as a playground tantrum.
- Every instance of identity denial does damage, just as every instance of sexism and misogyny does damage. If you didn't think you were having an impact you wouldn't say anything.
- I didn't tell you what to do. I asserted that your behaviour was damaging, and I asked you to stop.
- The validity or otherwise of my opinion is not related to my gender. Thanks for the cartoon. The likeness is uncanny.