As I'm now contributing to a couple of other blogs I thought I'd do a quick round-up of things I've written elsewhere recently which you might have missed.
- Unionism is not a Labour value - I argue that we've allowed our stance on the union to be defined by others, and there's no reason we need to abide by it.
- Time for Labour to sober up? - I call for Scottish Labour to support minimum pricing for alcohol.
- An opportunity for Labour to set the gold standard in media relations, written at the height of the hacking scandal - I suggest we adopt a new, open approach to dealing with the press.
- Forward travel for Edinburgh - I argue that in the wake of the trams scandal we should not be afraid to propose ambitious transport plans for Edinburgh.
- Too many bananas will kill you - I call for strict controls on the sale of bananas. Either that or some evidence-based drug laws.
- Marriage is so gay - I hope that the coming discussion can be civil, or at least rational.
- Celebrity politics - as Sally Bercow entered the celebrity big brother house I wished her a brief, unsuccessful visit.
- Sectarianism: message received? - I argue against "send a message" legislation no matter how critical the problem.
- Put a cork in it, West Lothian - I look at the West Lothian Question and take the piss out of Tam Dalyell a bit.
- No miracles for the Swansea Valley - 24 hour news in the dock, and Kay Burley sentenced for crimes against decency and honesty.
- Robin Hood: a tax to change the world? - I support the financial transaction tax which could transform the markets and the world.